WESTERN AUSTRALIA VINTAGE GUIDE
Click on each vintage to see what we currently have in stock on our main website:
- 2015 - Another solid year in WA. Perhaps not as good across the board as the previous three to four years but certainly not bad. Some people note the region being ravaged by birds leading to lots of spoiled fruit.
- 2014 - WA had less of a dramatic season than most parts of Australia despite getting off to a rough start with poor conditions during flowering and fruit set. However the summer was stable, moderate and a long dry fall allowed growers to pick at will. The resulting wines are of very high quality.
- 2013 - Like a mantra the good vintages keep rolling for WA. Again consistently good wines were made across the region with little in the way of major weather events to negatively impact the growing season.
- 2012 - Yet another good vintage. Quite classically styled and varietal. Bolder wines than in 2011 and maybe a bit more consistent across the region.
- 2011 - Somewhat overshadowed by the dramatically wet and challenging seasons other major growing regions of Australia, WA quietly enjoyed another good vintage. Classically aromatic cabernets, more gamey shiraz, and linear chardonnay