YARRA VALLEY VINTAGE GUIDE
Click on each vintage to see what we currently have in stock on our main website:
- 2015 - A great vintage with quite forward wines with great purity of fruit. Pinot and vhardonnay from Yarra Valley is especially good. One to load up on for sure.
- 2014 - Tricky is how 2014 is described by most. Problematic storms during flowering reduced yields and similar storms during vintage meant that growers had to be very hands on and selective to preserve/pick good fruit. Again this is a vintage where the best of the best produced some great wines but had to employ all their skills to do so!
- 2013 - Hearty wines, with good fruit and concentration. Riper fruit characters than the past several vintages, great early drinking wines that are forward and expressive.
- 2012 - A great vintage after avery tough one. Bigger wines with power and concentration. A warm, but not hot season. Balanced wines with power and length.
- 2011 - Very cool, wet and challenging. Quite savory herbal reds, some exceptional whites picked early with high acidity and laser like focus, especially good Yarra Chardonnay in a more linear style.